This mascarpone and quark-based lemony Easter tart is one of the simplest but super delicious cakes you can make.
You’ve been invited over Easter or you have guests and don’t know what to bring or serve as a dessert? If yes, then look no further than this! Prepared in less than 10 minutes, this rather light easter cake is super easy to make and great to enjoy together with friends and family. Perfect for Easter time or every other season.
Why you should try this lemony Easter tart
One of the best things about this lemony Easter tart is its bright and refreshing flavor. The slight tartness of the lemon curd filling is balanced with a sweet and buttery crust, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. The lemony filling also adds a lightness to the dessert that makes it a great choice for spring and Easter. This Easter cake is relatively easy to make, even for beginner bakers. The end result is a beautiful and impressive dessert that is sure to impress your friends and family.
For this delicious Easter cake, you need the ingredients in the image above.
For the pastry, you can take a round or rectangular sheet depending on the kind of tart you want to make. Regarding the cream, I take 25% (half cream) which is a bit lighter. But you can take full cream here as well.
As in my Video below, these are the steps for a successful and yummy easter cake.
Images of the preparation steps you’ll find in the printable recipe below.
Here are some other recipes you might like
- Another easy but delicious sweet treat: Double Chocolate Cookies
- Looking for a quick and salty appetizer? Puff Pastry Snails
- One of the simplest but most flavorful Pasta dishes: Pasta Puttanesca
- Mix all ingredients (except the powdered sugar) in a bowl with a whisk until there are no more lumps.250 grams Mascarpone, 150 grams cream curd / cream quark, 1 dl cream / half cream, 50 grams ground peeled almonds, 2 eggs, 80 grams sugar, 8-12 grams vanilla sugar, 1 zest of one lemon, 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Put the puff pastry together with a baking sheet into the tart pan. Cut the excess baking paper if needed.1 round sheet of puff pastry
- Prick the base of the pastry all over with a fork.
- Pour the filling on top of the pastry base.HINT: Just use as much of the filling so that the puff pastry is about 1cm higher on the sides than the filling. This is because the filling will swell up during baking and therefore won't run over the edge.
- Bake in the lowest part of the preheated oven at 200° Celisius / 392° Fahrenheit for about 40-45 minutes or until the pastry base is firm enough. You can carefully test with a cake shovel if the base is firm enough. For the filling you can prick the filling with a knife or toothpick, if there is nothing sticking on, the filling is ready aswell.
- Take the tart out of the oven and put it carefully together with the baking sheet on a cooling grid. Let the cake cool down completely.
- You can now dust the tart with powdered sugar as a decoration.2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Enjoy your fresh & sweet easter tart!