A healthy and nutritious egg avocado toast is one of the best things for breakfast. In general, avocados and eggs harmonize very well and offer you lots of unsaturated fats and other nutrients for a great start into the day! This toast with avocado and egg is something I like to enjoy from time to time for breakfast, especially during the warmer summer months. Together with sesame seeds and fresh tomato, this egg avocado toast is also rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
This breakfast toast is quite a balanced meal. It has a textural contrast between crunchy bread, soft scrambled eggs, and creamy avocado. But also in terms of nutrients, it is well-rounded with carbs from the toast, protein from the egg, and healthy fats from the avocado, which helps keep you full for longer.
This is why my egg avocado toast is not only pretty to look at but also pretty delicious and healthy.
For sure this toast with avocado and egg is not only great for breakfast. Layered on smaller bread slices, as I did in the image above, it goes also well as a quick snack or appetizer to serve your next guests. This breakfast toast is also great as you can customize it according to your taste. You can choose different kinds of bread, aromatics & spices so as additional toppings.
Ingredients for my easy egg avocado toast
These are the ingredients I’m using for this recipe. But from here, you can go further by using fresh herbs, sauces, different toppings etc.
To stay on the healthy side and for the extra crunchiness with seeds and nuts, I’m using multigrain bread here instead of white bread.
Still, my favorite and most used aromatic to add some extra aroma to the scrambled eggs.
A great source of Vitamine C. The water content of the tomatoes will act as kind of a sauce for the eggs. This way, and by using lower heat, you’ll get softer and creamier scrambled eggs.
- Chili Flakes
I like to add some Italian chili flakes for a slight punch and some decent heat.
I cook the eggs together with the tomatoes more on the runny side. That’s why I make sure to use fresh eggs if possible, as the egg whites might not be cooked all through at some parts.
A ripe and soft Avocado. You can also crush the Avocado and spread it on the bread and add the egg on top as well.
- Sesame Seeds
Toasted sesame seeds work great as a topping and will be adding some extra flavors and nutrients. Additionally, they also look pretty great on toast with avocado and egg.
If you’re a fan of Avocado Toast or Avocado in general, you should also try this Recipe!
Here are some other Breakfast Recipes you might like as well
Poached Eggs with a WOW factor: Cilbir
Healthy Egg Avocado Toast
- 1 toaster you can also toast the bread in the pan or let untoasted
- Peel the garlic and cut in slices2 cloves garlic
- Cut the tomato in small cubes1 Tomato
- Cut the avocado in half, peel it and cut in slices.½ Avocado
- Add some olive oil in a preheated pan3 tbsp olive oil
- add the garlic and start tossing. When the garlic starts to turn dark and crispy, add the tomatoes and lower the heat to medium-low.
- season with salt and pepper so as some chilli flakes for a slight heat.1 pinch salt, 1 pinch pepper, 1 tsp chili flakes
- add the eggs and stir slightly to open up the egg yolks. Simmer the eggs in the tomato juice at low heat for about 3 minutes. The eggs should stay soft and more on the runny side.2 fresh eggs
- Turn off the heat and put the eggs aside
- Cut the bread into slices of your choice. This recipe is for about 3-5 small slices as to be seen on the recipe image above.1 small bread
- Toast the bread and spread with the scrambled eggs. Add some avocado slices and top and finish with some sesame seeds and an extra drizzle of a quality olive oil. You can also add some coarse sea salt on top.1 tbsp sesame seeds